Course aims: Designed for company directors with the aim of recognising the human and financial implications of health and safety legislation non-compliance.
The course will provide a summary of how to promote a positive organisational culture for health and safety. Workshop exercises throughout the day will give delegates the opportunity to discuss their thoughts about health and safety and their responsibilities in an open forum.
Duration: One day.
At the end of the course delegates will be able to:
· Recognise the moral, economic and legal costs/implications of decisions made in the boardroom that make their business liable
· Understand the importance of strategic management of risks
· Appreciate the consequences of failing to manage health and safety effectively
· Understand the importance of competent duty holders cooperating, communicating and coordinating health and safety throughout the whole project
· Recognise the need to appoint competent health and safety assistance and the limitations of such an appointment
· Identify the basic tools for introducing a proactive health and safety culture into their organisation.
At the end of the course delegates will be required to sit a multiple-choice assessment.
Upon successful completion: Delegates are issued with a CITB Health & Safety Directors Role Certificate that is valid for 5 years.
This course is endorsed by Build UK as the standard training for all senior managers and company directors.