This Course is aimed at personnel who will be working in or at a confined space where the risk assessment has classified the confined space as medium risk.
This qualification is safe entry into confined spaces using compressed air escape breathing apparatus as part of the planned means of self-rescue.
It also focuses on the delegate’s ability to work as a team member and make confined space entries which have been risk assessed and classified by the UK water confined space entries classification scheme.
- Interpret the Water UK Confined Space classification scheme identification of confined spaces
- Risk assessment
- Use and interpret gas monitors to verify safe atmospheres
- Understand the nature and occurrence of problem atmospheres
- Use ancillary safety items – harness, ropes, winches and life lines
- Use of ELSAs escape breathing apparatus safely
- Work following a safe system of work
- Reacting positively in an emergency situation
- Recommended refresher training