This Course is aimed at personnel who will be responsible for conducting inspections of harnesses and lanyards used for restraint on Mobile Elevated Work Platform (MEWP) or mast Climbing Work Platform (MCWP). No previous qualifications or experience required.
This course includes:
- Health and fitness statement and pre-theory test.
- Relevant legislation, standards and guidance and how often should you inspect your harness.
- Hierarchy of fall protection measures, safe work at height, avoidance, work restraint, work position and fall arrest.
- MEWPS & Harnesses, IPAF Harness Statement (H1), Boom Type MEWPs, Vertical Type MEWPs.
- Harness types, Lanyard types, fall distances, fixed vs. adjustable, loops vs. sliders, inertia devices, different connectors.
- Inspections vs. examinations, traceability, harness inspections, lanyard inspections, effect from damage, inspection records.
- Incorrect fitting, correct fitting, storage and maintenance
- Typical anchorage points.
- Risk assessment, rescue requirements and options
- Course assessment is an Individual written tests and individual practical inspection assessments with explanation of pass requirements.
Upon successful completion candidates are issued with a IPAF accredited certificate which is valid for 5 years.