This Course is aimed at personnel who will be responsible for the operation of the following machines
Scissor Lift Mobile (3a)
Articulated Boom Mobile (3b)
No previous qualifications or experience required.
This course includes:
- Theory (classroom) and practical session.
- Regulations and Guidance
- Different types of MEWPS and structural parts.
- Familiarisation and Pre-use Inspections
- Platform Movements and Travel
- Hazard Awareness
- Operation, including rescue plan, parking and securing
- Theory Test
- Visual and Functional Pre-use Checks
- Operator Maintenance
- Deployment of MEWP(s), ground conditions, environmental and overhead hazards
- Familiarisation Practice, including safe use and operation
- Parking, Security, Re-charging and Re-fuelling (to suit MEWPs being used)
- Assessment and Course Evaluation
Upon successful completion candidates are issued with a PAL (Powered Access Licence) valid for 5 years and IPAF Operator Training Certificate.