This course is aimed at personnel who are involved in handling, lifting or moving loads.
This Course Includes:
- Introduction and Registration
- Manual Handling Regulations – basic principles plus employers and employees’ duties.
- Hazards and precautions to observe during manual handling.
- Types of injuries.
- The need for self-assessment and how to assess the task, load, work environment and individual capability.
- Use of equipment and redesign of work.
- Manual Handling Techniques – Kinetic Lifting.
- Team effort of employer and employee.
- Verbal Questionnaire test paper.
- Course appraisal
Upon Successful Completion candidates are issued with a certificate and pouch card which will be valid for 5 years. Workers below 18 years of age are advised to be 100% supervised by a competent person.
Duration: Half Day