This course aims: To provide instruction on how to avoid injuries and risks whilst handling loads by developing good manual handling techniques.
This Course Includes: Upon Successful Completion:
- Defining and recognising problem areas in Manual Handling operations.
- Employer/Employee duties and responsibilities in relation to Manual Handling.
- Impact of Poor Manual Handling techniques.
- Causes and contributory factors of musculoskeletal disorders.
- Making assessment of the Manual Handling Tasks.
- Weight limits guidelines.
- Types and Selection of Lifting Aids.
- Methods of 'Back Care'.
Upon Successful Completion: candidates are issued with an in-house certificate which will be valid for 5 years. Workers below 18 years of age are advised to be 100% supervised by a competent person.
Duration: Half Day