This course is provided by a third party training provider
This Course is aimed at personnel nominated by their employer as an Appointed Person in the workplace.
This course includes:
- The role of a First aider.
- Role, responsibilities, infection control, consent, accident forms and first aid equipment.
- Incident and Casualty Assessment.
- Scene Survey, Primary Survey and Calling for Help.
- CPR (resuscitation).
- The Unresponsive Casualty who is not breathing normally.
- Unconscious Casualty Assessing Consciousness, Recovery Position.
- Management of Seizure Recognition and Management.
- Recognition and Treatment.
- External Bleeding and Shock.
- Types, treatment and recognition of bleeding.
- Recognition of blood loss and the casualty in shock.
- Minor injuries such as small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and splinters.
Upon successful completion All delegates will be awarded a Norvic certificate of attendance accredited by Qualsafe Awards who are recognised by Ofqual. It is valid for three years.