This Course is aimed at personnel who frequently use steps and stepladders in the course of their daily duties. No qualifications or experience is required.
This course includes:
- Theory (Classroom) and Practical Session
- Relevant Health & Safety, Legislation and Regulation and Codes of Practice
- Product Standards and Classification
- Selection of appropriate work at height equipment
- Risk Assessment
- Ladder and Stepladder Types
- Safe use, accidents and Hazards
- Inspect ladders and stepladders for damage
- Understanding of the ladder inspection report and register
- Theory Test (Multiple Choice Questions)
- Practical Test
- Course assessment is an Individual written tests and individual practical inspection assessments with explanation of pass requirements.
Upon successful completion candidates are issued with a Ladder Association identity card and certificate which is widely accepted and recognised by the Health & Safety Executive (HSE) and is valid for 5 years. BLMA Leaning Ladder and Stepladder Users Guide booklet.