This course is aimed at personnel involved with inspecting and mounting abrasive wheels at work.
This Course Includes:
- Statutory Instruments & Standards.
- Types of Wheels.
- Analysis of Accidents.
- Wheel Markings and BS Marking System.
- Wheel Components and Manufacture.
- Storage, Handling and Transportation.
- Methods of Testing.
- Blotters, Flanges and Locknuts.
- Wheel Dressing and Adjustment of Rest.
- Machine Inspections.
- Personal Protective Equipment requirements.
- Hand Arm Vibration Syndrome (HAVS) and Noise at Work.
- Written Test Paper.
- Practical Sessions / Appraisals.
- Delegates will be required to carry out wheel inspections, mount wheels correctly on portable cutters and complete a written test paper.
Upon Successful Completion candidates will receive a in-house certificate of attendance which is valid for five years.
Duration: Half Day