This course is aimed at personnel who are required to locate underground services in the highway prior to excavations, or supervisors/managers who are responsible for overseeing works that require the location of underground services.
Designed in line with HSG47, this course aims to provide employees working within the highway sector the underpinning knowledge and skills required to understand and use equipment to avoid underground services as part of a safe system or work.
This Course Includes:
- Identify associated Hazards
- Explain the Safe System of Works to HSG47
- State the need for Cable Avoidance
- Demonstrate the correct use of:
o Underground services drawings
o Cable Avoidance Tool (C.A.T)
o Generator and Ancillary equipment (Genny)
- During the course, candidates will use a variety of CAT & Genny equipment including C-Scope, Radiodetection eCat4+ & Genny4, EziCat i650 & t100 Genn.
Upon Successful Completion candidates will receive a City & Guilds certificate and a SWQR card valid for 5 years. In-house certification option available.
Duration: One Day