This course is aimed at personnel who are selected by the employer to be a first aider in the work place, who has the aptitude and ability to absorb new knowledge and skills.
This Course Includes:
- Introduction to first aid
- Incident management and safety
- The unconscious patient
- Major illness: diabetes, heart attack, stroke
- Fractures and dislocations
- Head Injuries
- Eye Injuries
- Simple record keeping & first aid equipment
- The legal framework for first and in the workplace
- Basic life support
- Use of AED
- Control of bleeding and shock
- Major Illness: epilepsy, allergic reactions
- Burns and scolds
- Poisons and harmful substances
- Basic casualty handling
- Knowledge and skills assessments.
Upon Successful Completion delegates are awarded with a Qualsafe Awards certificate of competence which is valid for 3 years. There is 2 day requalification that can be taken to refresh this.
Duration: 3 days