This Course is aimed at personnel who use or manage the use of portable hand held disc cutters and grinders at work.
This Course Includes:
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
- Workplace Assessment (including Hot Work Permits).
- Machine Checks.
- Fuelling (if applicable).
- Adjusting Wheels Guards.
- Hot and Cold Starting Techniques (if applicable).
- Dust Suppression / LEV Techniques.
- Correct Cutting / Grinding Techniques.
- Cutting Brick / Stone / Concrete on ground.
- Reactive Forces.
- Cutting Metal.
- Transporting the machine in a vehicle.
- Delegates will be required to choose and mount the relevant disc(s) correctly on the portable cutter/grinder(s) and complete the relevant basic cutting/grinding task(s).
Upon Successful Completion candidates will be issued with an In-house certificate of attendance which is valid for five years.
Duration: Half - One Day