This course is aimed at personnel who will be knowingly working with asbestos containing materials. This qualification is a mandatory requirement for any persons carrying out non-licensed works with asbestos-containing materials, as laid down in CAR 2012, Reg 3(2).
This Course Includes:
- What work is classified as non-licensed;
- The control measures that will be required to undertake non-licensed work with asbestos containing materials;
- Specific task as laid down in HSG210, Essential Task Manual including, but not limited to;
Drilling holes through AIB and textured coating;
Removal of small AIB panels;
Removal of asbestos cement-based products;
Removal of articles containing asbestos such as floor tiles, gaskets etc.
- The requirements to prevent the spread of asbestos and control exposure when working with non-licensed asbestos containing materials;
- How to deal with the waste generated from undertaking tasks with non-licensed asbestos containing materials;
- How to adequately decontaminate after working with non-licensed asbestos containing materials.
Upon Successful Completion candidates are issued with a UKATA accredited certificate valid for one year.
Duration: One Day.