We have recently been advised that CITB have a New Entrants Engagement Team that provide advise to Construction Businesses regarding Apprenticeships.
This is a new team/role that works alongside CITB's Engagement Advisors . The role is to work collaboratively with SME’s and micro companies, to support them recruiting an apprentice. Their aim is to provide more intensive support to help employers take on an apprentice.
They support businesses in the area through the whole process, including: -
- Help set up of an Apprenticeship Account and support to access apprenticeship funding.
- Support to register with CITB to access a range of grants, including a £2500 per year for apprentice attendance, £3500 achievement grant on successful completion of the full apprenticeship, and access to Travel to Train to help with travel and accommodation costs. There is also an additional £2,000 grant increase for dry lining apprentices.
- Support with advertising and recruiting an apprentice.
- Help find the right course with a training provider. Working with employers to find an appropriate training provider that delivers the required apprenticeship standard.
- Staying connected to make sure they have the support they need to help an apprentice achieve.
The New Entrant Advisor for Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire, and Bedfordshire is Adam Chilvers. Telephone - 0300 556 7700 or Email - Adam.Chilvers@citb.co.uk